“Trying to figure out who I am
Or who I am supposed to be.”
I’m Good – The Mowgli’s
Do you ever feel lost in life? Did you think that you had your whole life planned out and then you didn’t? I feel lost in this moment in time. I know for one, I am mother and that will never change. But I don’t know who the rest of me is. So how do you find yourself again?
You will find yourself again, this is just a moment in time. Maybe something drastic happened in your life (death, divorce, job change) or maybe you just woke up one morning knowing that you don’t know yourself anymore. For me, I have been reading my horoscope (which I never do!) and they just totally made sense the last couple of days. I want to be the person I used to be (plus a mother to Anders) – adventurous, living in the moment, happy.
July 31 – It’s hard enough to know what to do for yourself. How are you supposed to know what to do for others? Sometimes you do just know, and it works. When that’s not the case, stick with doing what makes you feel most alive.
August 1 – There’s so much that can be lost – keys and friends, dimes, socks, points, heart, will, concentration. The magnitude of losable things is what makes that which you haven’t and can’t seem to lose so wonderfully yours. Appreciate.
Now I am not saying to go read and follow your horoscope everyday, but on those random days where you look at it, it may be true to your life right now. I have felt lost all week and these are the words that I needed to hear. What are some other ways that you can find yourself again?
- Dream big and live those dreams – did you want to become a medical doctor or a legal assistant? Why didn’t you do that? Now is your time, no matter how old you are or where you are in life. Make is happen for you!
- Remember that you have the power to be, have, and do anything in life that you desire
- Ask for help – ask anyone for help. Family, friends, counsellor, lawyer, etc. The list could go on and on. I don’t know what I would have done this past month if my family and friends were not by my side 100% of the way. Don’t be embarrassed to ask for help, that is why you have a support system in the first place.
- Do what you love – did you used to draw, go rock climbing, dance mindlessly? Those activities are still around waiting for you. Find a babysitter (if you are a parent), book yourself into a class and GO! I promise that you feel better and a little like your old self.
- Music – listen to what made you happy. Find new bands and artists. Dance around your kitchen naked. Music calms the soul. A friend introduced me to The Mowgli’s and I am in love! I feel like I can connect to all of their songs in some way.
“You’re not alone
Even when you feel so far from home
You’re Not Alone – The Mowgli’s
Life changes in weird ways. Most ways you don’t have any control of. And you may feel lost after all these changes. But life will get better. There is something bigger and better out there for you, you just need to find it. Re-find yourself first and you will find your bigger purpose in life.